Fees & Policy
Congratulations on choosing to participate in music lessons!
Music has been found to enrich the lives of all who participate in its creation and enjoyment.
What Does My Tuition Cover?
· Weekly lessons
· Workshops and end of term concerts
· Preparation time - Lesson planning, curriculum development, trips to the music store, general lesson admin. Professional music journals report that for every hour of lessons, the teacher has invested at least 2 hours of their time.
· Your teacher’s professional training and music experience
· Studio expenses - Instruments, repairs and maintenance, supplementary music books and CDs, copying, software, website, other equipment, rent of music area, and business expenses (licensing and insurance).
· Self-employment benefits - I do not receive employment benefits such as annual leave, sick leave, workers compensation or superannuation - this must all be covered by tuition fees.
Tuition is divided into the four A.C.T. school terms, 10 week blocks. Students must pay for a full term to reserve the time slot. New students starting mid-term are pro rata.
||$20 (single lesson)
|Kinder Beat group classes ages 2 – 4
||$200 per term
|Group lessons for beginner piano and violin
|3 + students - 45 minutes
||$300 per term
|2 students - 45 minutes
||$400 per term
|Individual lesson fees
||$470 per term
||$680 per term
||$900 per term
· Lesson material and equipment - Students will need their own instrument to practice on at home. Please check with Amy to see if your current instrument is suitable, or if you need assistance purchasing or hiring a new instrument. Practical and theory music books will be required, costing students roughly $100 per year.
· Public Holidays - Unless notified otherwise public holidays are treated as normal working days and regular lessons will continue.
· Illness - Students who are ill should not come to lessons. I reserve the right to send a student home if they arrive sick.
· Missed lessons - Because specific times are set aside for specific students, if a student misses a lesson, they will simply miss the benefit of that lesson. Lesson alternatives include using the swap list, Skype, or calling to chat about your child’s progress during their usual lesson time. There are no refunds, discounts or make-ups given unless I am unable to teach the promised number of lessons.
If I am unable to teach a lesson I will give students a make up lesson in the following summer school holidays. If student is unable to schedule a make up lesson at this time I will give credit.
· Photo and video release - Pictures and videos of my students may be used as learning tools and for business promotions with first names attached. Please let me know if you do not allow this.
· Late Payments - Late term payments will incur a $15 late fee. There will be no music lessons until payment is made, with any lessons missed during this time forfeited. Please call if you think you will have difficulties with payments.
· Dismissals and termination - If for any reason you must stop lessons, 4 weeks notice is required. If appropriate notice is given I will refund half the term fees remaining. Regrettably, I may have to dismiss a student if any of these circumstances occur:
- Failure to pay tuition on time
- Persistent absences
- Uncooperative attitude
- Failure to follow practice as instructed
- Lack of progress due to insufficient practice or unfulfilled requirements.
Thank you for your support!